Upgrading your home with new door lock hardware will improve the appearance of your home and increase its security. There are several types of door lock hardware to choose from that will accommodate different door styles. ABC will easily upgrade your existing door with a modern home door lock that will easily fit into your existing door, and complete the task quickly.
Door Handle Types
There are different door locks to choose from, however, there are specific types of door handles that you might want to consider for your specific needs. Each one of these handle type offers unique advantages as far as appearance, security and operation:
- Door Knobs
- Door Levers
- Door Handle-Sets
- Push Button (Electronic Keyless Entry)
- Pocket/Sliding Door Handles and Locks
There are also a variety of themes and finishes that are available for your specific door handle style. Choose the one that that will perfectly match the architecture of your home.
Door knob locks are frequently installed in residential houses on exterior doors. The knob is usually round, but they are sometimes oval or even square shaped. Conventional door knobs are used for front doors, bedroom doors, rear patio doors and more. These locks have knobs on both sides where one side has a lock and the other side has a key hole to unlock the door.
Lever handles make it very easy to open a door. The levers are pushed in a downward direction, easily opening the door with no twisting or turning. Some home owners choose lever door locks just for the style and convenience of use. Others choose levers to accommodate physical ailments such as arthritis, and are generally easier to access for the handicap population.
Most lever-handled locks are usually used for interior doors and sometimes don’t require keys. Because this type of door lock operate with an outward lever, they can be broken with force and aren’t recommended as the only line of defense, especially on a front door.
Entry door handle-sets are great for dressing up your front door. These door handles are quite easy to install if you are the handy type of
person. Of course for best results, we recommend professional installation. If you’re not sure which handle-set to get, an ABC technician will be glad to assist you. We will help you to review more information on common handle-set installations. You can as far as door thickness, handle-set type
Dummy door handles are also available. Dummy door knobs do not turn and they don’t have locks, axles or latches. Dummy knobs are used as fake door fixtures simply used to open and close a door that doesn’t have a traditional latch. They are available in common designs including handle-sets, knobs and levers, and are also installed as dummy knobs used to dress up inactive doors.
Protect your EL Paso home with a professional level of security with a deadbolt. We offer deadbolts in a variety of styles, finishes and security
grades to meet your needs. Knob locks are frequently installed in residential situations on exterior doors in addition to deadbolts, and are sometimes used as the primary source of security for doors.
Push Button (Electronic Keyless Entry):
Electronically controlled locks are essentially deadbolts that use a numbered keypad instead of a key. They require a code to slide the deadbolt open. More expensive than other locks, electronic locks feature one of two types of keyless entry pads: touch pad or card (or tag) system. If you want to replace an existing lock with a keyless entry pad, hire an experienced installer. A pro
can make sure the lock is seated properly, operates smoothly and doesn’t compromise door security.
Kwikset Residential Push Button Lock (Kwikset Signature Series):
These push button locks are easy to install, easy to use and easy to program:
- Keyless entry
- Safe and quick entry
- Easily replaces existing door hardware
- No wiring necessary
- Create your 4-8 digit Security Code (2 code capacity)
- Easy to change security codes
- Low battery indicator light
- Deadbolt face hole needs to be 2 1/8″ (54mm) diameter
SCHLAGE Residential Push Button Lock:
- Innovative Turn Lock feature allows you to lock & leave without a key
- Provides the convenience of keyless access; customizable to fit your security needs
- Ideal for front doors, side & back doors, garage entry doors, etc.
- Easily replace most existing deadbolts with a screwdriver in about 30 minutes
- No programming required; preset with two user codes so it’s ready to use right out of the box
- Grade 2 ANSI/BHMA certified
- Commercial grade clutching motor drive (tested to one million cycles)
- Vandal resistant free-spinning deadbolt turn
- Code Control, easily programmed at the keypad (19 user code capacity, with 10,000 possible user code combinations)
- Warning sounds after 4 incorrect codes entered (Keypad disabled for 30 seconds)
- Fits most standard door preps
- One tool installation on pre-prepped doors
- volt battery included with average 3 year battery life (no special wiring required)
*Camelot Series: Master Lock Night Watch Series
(Electronic Keypad Deadbolt with LIGHT UP keypad):
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Easy to program
- Night Watch night time security, standard deadbolt security and click on Night Watch to lock out all keys, including lost or stolen keys
- Bump Stop advanced cylinder technology specially engineered to resist bump attacks
- Weather tough, ideal for harsh outdoor conditions, protected from water, ice, dirt and grime
- Easy to program, stores up to 20 user codes
- Deadbolt uses Schlage C keyway
* LIFETIME WARRANTY THROUGH KWIKSET CORPORATION *
Pocket/Sliding Door Handles
A pocket door is a sliding door that disappears into a narrow opening in the adjacent wall. Pocket doors are used when there is no room for the door to swing open, or simply for the unique appearance. They usually travel on rollers that ride on an overhead track, although some also have tracks along the floor. Styles include privacy, passage and keyed entry.
All door lock applications are available in various finishes to coordinate with other door hardware and match your present home architecture.